PHILLIPSON ADVERTISING IN THE LATE 1940’S
Phillipson Rod and Tackle Co. began to advertise beginning in April of 1947. This first ad appeared in Field & Stream magazine and states that rods are “NOW AVAILABLE”. It listed three “Exclusive Features” that sets their rods apart: Natural Grip (often referred to now as the “Hammer Handle”), Neverbreak Glue Joints (considered “waterproof” from the Resorcenol Glue), and Personal Craftsmanship (built by expert casters). The 1947 -1948 Catalog is pictured at the bottom and was offered for FREE upon request.
Gart Bros. Sporting Goods was an early distribution partner for Phillipson Rods and even advertised their availability in April 1947—the same time Phillipson began advertising.
1947 and 1948 ads show the Phillipson address as East 27th Ave, Denver Colorado, and then in 1949 the address changed to High Street, Denver, Colorado.